Dreaming of a quiet getaway in the countryside? The single-storey wooden country house, located on 22 acres of land, may inspire you. In this article, we will walk you through the construction stages of this fascinating similar tiny house, along with cost breakdowns and design features.
Planning and Design Before you start building, meticulous planning is crucial to ensure your tiny country house meets your needs and stays within budget.
Planning and Design
1.1. Conceptualizing the Design
- Begin with a clear vision of your tiny house’s layout.
- Here, a single-story design with high ceilings, stone foundations, and a wide veranda was decided.
- Allocate your budget wisely, considering factors like materials, labor, permits, and interior furnishings.
- Set aside approximately $10,000 for the stone foundation and porch.
Foundation and Frame The foundation and framing are the essential building blocks of your country house.
2.1. Laying the Stone Foundation
- Hire professionals to excavate and lay the foundation.
- Expect to spend around $10 to $15 per square foot, totaling approximately $4,800.
2.2. Framing the Structure
- Choose high-quality wooden framing materials for durability.
- Frame the house, including the porch, for an estimated cost of $15,000 to $20,000.
Exterior and Roofing The exterior of your tiny house should be visually appealing and weather-resistant.
3.1. Siding and Exterior Paint
- Opt for wood siding to maintain the rustic charm.
- Allocate around $6,000 for siding and painting.
- Select a sturdy and long-lasting roofing material.
- Budget approximately $5,000 for roofing installation.
Interior Design and Finishes Create an inviting and cozy interior with a touch of elegance.
4.1. High Ceilings and White Color Scheme
- Invest in quality white paint to highlight the wood’s texture.
- Set aside around $1,000 for paint and finishing materials.
- Choose hardwood or laminate flooring for a warm and easy-to-maintain surface.
- Budget approximately $3,000 for flooring installation.
4.3. Kitchen and Living Area
- Install a kitchen counter, cabinets, and appliances for an estimated cost of $6,000 to $8,000.
- Furnish the living area with comfortable armchairs for around $1,500.
Bathroom and Plumbing Design a functional and stylish bathroom for your tiny house.
5.1. Bathroom Layout
- Plan the layout to optimize space and functionality.
- Allocate $4,000 to $6,000 for bathroom fixtures and fittings.
5.2. Plumbing and Shower
- Hire a plumber to install the bathroom fixtures and shower.
- Expect to spend approximately $2,500 to $3,500 on plumbing.
Building a one-story wooden country house on 22 acres of land is a rewarding project that offers serenity and a connection to nature. While costs can vary, a rough estimate of the entire project, including construction and interior furnishings, is approximately $75,000 to $100,000. With careful planning and attention to detail, your tiny house can become the perfect retreat for relaxation and peaceful living.
Love what you see? Share your home makeover with us and we’ll feature it on our blog.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about your project.
For more tiny home improvement and renovation ideas, click here.